Ethylene Glycol Test Kit
Ethylene glycol and propylene glycol are the primary ingredients in commercially- available antifreezes. They are used with various corrosion inhibitors to protect metal surfaces in cooling water systems. Measures 1 to 15 ppm as Ethylene Glycol. Dilute the sample for higher ranges. Note in order to prepare the A-4401 activator you will require 15 ml of distilled water.
- Fill the sample cup to the 20 mL mark with the sample to be tested.
- Add 5 drops of A-4400 Activator Solution. Cap the sample and shake it to mix the contents well.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Add 6 drops of A-4401 Activator Solution and 4 drops of A 4402 Activator Solution. Cap the cup and mix the contents well.
- Place the ampoule, tip first, into the sample cup. Snap the tip. The ampoule will fill leaving a bubble for mixing.
- To mix the ampoule, invert it several times, allowing the bubble to travel from end to end.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 12 minutes for the color to develop.
- Obtain a test result by placing the ampoule between the color standards until the best color match can be found.
- If the color is to dark, dilute initial sample with deionized water and repeat 1- 7. Multiple step 8 by the dilution (Example: If you dilute the product by 50%, multiple the answer by 2.)