Natural Gas Storage Tank
Below is in regards to an application of the pretreatment of a new 2.2 Million gallon steel tanks used for natural gas storage. The treatment begins with 65,000 gallons of
tap water in this process.
The are new and will storage natural gas. The pretreatment will stop flash rusting since it is new steel. This is not for long term corrosion protection, rather for roughly one week without rusting.
First, if you leave the system filled with water, you can charge at 0.5% (by volume) with
water and leave filled. If they simply rinse and dump the system with the 65,000-gallons, they
would have to charge the 65,000-gallons at 1% (by volume). That would be 650-gallons
of concentrate (twelve 55-gallon drums).
The process is VERY similar to treating fire sprinkler line treatments. We have over 200-sites that are both wet and dry lines, with high humidity,
mixed metals, and high corrosion and bacteria/fungus potential). Since we
are mixing the product in water to apply.
ChemWorld RP W-VCI is:
- Option 1: If you charge the system with water, AND LEAVE THE PIPELINE WET AND
FULLY CHARGED WITH THE WATER SOLUTION, they can add 0.5% (by volume) of the
attached. To treat 65,000 gallons of fluid, they would charge with 325-gallons of product and mix. That is (6) 55-gallon drums.
- Option #2: If you charge the system with water, AND FLUSH AND COMPLETELY DUMP AFTER
CHARGING, you need to add 1% by volume of the attached to leave the appropriate
rust preventative film. To treat 65,000 gallons of fluid, they would
charge with 650 gallons of product and mix. That is (12) 55-gallon drums.
Note: Prior to adding the ChemWorld RP W-VCI to the base water for mixing, verify
that the pH of the water is between 6.0 and 9.5. Adjust if necessary.
- extremely concentrated, so only 0.5% (by volume) is needed for wet
storage and 1.0% (by volume) is needed for dry storage.
- is fully synthetic and oil-free.
- contains ChemWorld RP W-VCI preventatives that prevent corrosion on ferrous
and copper based metals even where areas of the pipeline have not touched
the fluid itself.
- contains bacteria-static additives that minimize/prevent the
formation of bacteria and fungus.
- does NOT contain wax or other film forming agents that can
plug filters and post processes.
- will rinse out completely if/when they decide to flush water
or oil through the pipeline again.
- easily mixes with the base water and is near-clear to
completely clear at use concentrations.