Taylor K-1154ChemWorld is a distributor of Taylor Technologies Test Kits and Reagents. Order directly online and save today.
9246 (0, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 6, 8, 10 ppm)
R-0673 High Iron Reagent #1*
R-0674 High Iron Reagent #2
3 x 3243 Caps, Test Cell 11.5 mL, plastic
3 x 4024 Test Cells, Calibrated 11.5 mL, plastic
1 x 4029 Pipet, Calibrated 0.5 & 1.0 mL, plastic
1 x 4030 Pipet, Calibrated 0.5 & 1.0 mL, plastic w/cap
1 x 5371 Instruction
1 x 6002 Brush, Cell Cleaner
1 x 9189 Base, Enslow (for test cells)
1 x 9198 Sample Tube, Graduated, 25 mL, plastic w/cap.
1. Rinse and fill two 11.5 mL test cells (#4024) to 11.5 mL
mark with water to be tested.
2. Wipe dry and place in two slots adjacent to center slot of
comparator base (#9189) WITH FROSTED SIDE FACING OPERATOR.
3. Rinse and fill 25 mL sample tube (#9198) to 10 mL mark with
water to be tested.
4. Using a 1.0 mL pipet (#4029), add 0.5 mL R-0673 High Iron
Reagent #1*. Swirl to mix.
NOTE: If suspended iron is difficult to dissolve: Transfer to
small beaker or flask. Heat and boil gently. Remove
from heat. Cool to room temperature. Transfer to sample
tube. Dilute to 10 mL mark with distilled, deionized, or
iron-free water. Proceed to Step 5.
5. Using a separate 1.0 mL pipet (#4030), add R-0674 High
Iron Reagent #2 to 14.6 mL mark. Swirl to mix. Transfer to
third test cell to 11.5 mL mark.
6. Wipe dry and place in center slot of comparator base. WAIT
7. Place Slide on comparator base. Match color in center test
cell with a color standard. The Slide is in proper
alignment for a color match when a white line on the Slide
is directly above the white line on the comparator base.
Record as parts per million (ppm) iron.
NOTE: If sample color matches or is deeper than highest color
standard: Dilute sample with distilled, deionized, or
iron-free water. Repeat test. For sample diluted with 1
part water, multiply reading by 2; for 2 parts, multiply
by 3, etc.
*WARNING: High Iron Reagent #1 (R-0673) contains <50% (w/v)
hydrochloric acid, a corrosive acid.