Taylor K-1259-1ChemWorld is a distributor of Taylor Technologies Test Kits and Reagents. Order directly online and save today.
SLIDE COMPARATOR TEST
DPD CHLORINE (FREE, COMBINED, TOTAL)
9081 (0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 ppm)
9082 (0, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 ppm)
R-0001 DPD Reagent #1, DB
R-0002 DPD Reagent #2, DB
R-0003 DPD Reagent #3, DB
3 x 3243 Caps, Test Cell, 11.5 mL, rectangular, plastic
3 x 4024 Test Cells, Calibrated 11.5 mL, plastic
1 x 5157 Instruction
1 x 6002 Brush, Cell Cleaner
1 x 9189 Base, Slide, Enslow (for test cells)
Chlorine (Free, Combined, Total) Test
1. Rinse and fill three 11.5 mL test cells (#4024) to 11.5 mL
mark with water to be tested.
2. Wipe dry and place in three center slots of comparator base
(#9189) WITH FROSTED SIDE FACING OPERATOR.
3. Add 5 drops R-0001 DPD Reagent #1 and 5 drops R-0002 DPD
Reagent #2 to center test cell. Cap and mix.
4. Wipe dry and place in center slot of comparator base.
5. Place Slide on comparator base. Match color in center test
cell with a color standard. The Slide is in proper
alignment for a color match when a white line on the Slide
is directly above the white line on the comparator base.
Record as parts per million (ppm) free chlorine (FC).
6. Add 5 drops R-0003 DPD Reagent #3. Cap and mix.
7. Wipe dry and place in center slot of comparator base.
8. Match color immediately. Record as ppm total chlorine (TC).
9. Subtract FC from TC. Record as ppm combined chlorine (CC).
Formula: TC - FC = CC.
NOTE: If sample color matches or is deeper than highest color
standard: Use a chlorine Slide with a higher range.